[meteorite-list] Meteorite: world dictionary-in progress

From: Jose Campos <josecamposcomet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 11:58:41 +0100

Hi Dirk,

That sounds like an interesting project!
I can confirm that in Portuguese, the word " meteorito " is correct.
I would like to add that in its plural form, is " meteoritos ".

However, on the list of languages given in your site, there is a minor
error, in english, for the word " Portugese " - obviously, it should have
been written
 " Portuguese ".

As a matter of interest: Other Portuguese meteorite related words:

meteoroid - meteoroide
meteor - meteoro
bolide - b?lide
fireball - bola de fogo
smoke trail - rasto de fumo
magnitude - magnitude

On another note: Iam sorry that I could not activate the "Visitor's Map "
shown at the bottom of your page. I dont know why.
Keep well,

Jos? Campos
Cac?m, PORTUGAL
Commander, Order of Prince Henry (the Navigator) (1984)
Past President, Astronomical Society of Southern Africa (ASSA, South Africa)
1990-91
Honorary Member, ASSA South Africa (1993)
Honorary Member ASSA Natal Center, South Africa (1978)
Director, Comet & Meteor Section, ASSA (1983-1992)
Independet co-discoverer of Comet Haneda-Campos D/1978 R1 (from Durban,
South Africa, 01SEP78)