[meteorite-list] Carancas vs. Canyon Diablo?

From: mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:19:22 -0500

Hi Rob, Sterling and List,

Thanks for the reality check Rob, a.k.a. that pesky detail called
conservation of mass that insists on being respected even in sexy mudpits.
Sterling, what % is spalled backwards in these (much-to-be-desired) models
of such low-end impact energies in somewhat "amortizing" soils? For
argument sake let's say that 50Kg of powder and fragments were tossed out
before being enveloped by the mountain pudding.

Best Health,
Doug