[meteorite-list] Peru Again!! Ubinas, Peru volcanic bomb block crater- Smithsonian Institution-INGEMMETstudy

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sterling and List,
  Sterling has hit the nail exactly on the head! No or
little impactor was left in the crater. They will
still finishing messing up the Carancas impact crater
anyway or the rain will finish it off, either way it
is likely gone....
  Happy always to read your posts. I was lucky to
just find these photos tonight while searching for HE
bomb craters in Osaka.
  No satellite imagery data has been located of the
Carancas impact crater following the event, too bad.
  Best Regards, Dirk Ross...Tokyo

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net>

http://www.volcano.si.edu/reports/bulletin/contents.cfm?issue=3110&display=complete

http://www.volcano.si.edu/volcanoes/region15/peru/ubinas/3110ubi7.jpg