[meteorite-list] Maili Chondrite Phots

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:04:10 -0400

Dear List Members and meteorite fall detectives,

I received my "Mali" chondrites today and made some observations. I cut a
stone each of Amgala, Bassikounou and this new "Mali" stone and polished the
faces. I can say for certain the new material is NOT Bassikounou. "Mali" has
much more chondrules than Bassikounou. I do not think it is Amgala either
because "Mali" does not appear to be brecciated like Amgala. It certainly is
not Zag. I think we have a new one here, now hopefully some eye witnesses
will be found. Maybe our French friends are already on this??

Here are some photos for your own comparison:

Photo showing metal comparison of Amgala, Mali and Bassikounou:
http://www.lunarrock.com/hchondrites/dsc00010.jpg

Photo showing matrix comparison of Amgala, Mali and Bassikounou:
http://www.lunarrock.com/hchondrites/dsc00011.jpg

Some Mali individuals:
601g, 60% primary, 40% secondary fusion crust:
http://www.lunarrock.com/hchondrites/dsc00001.jpg
519g, 96% primary fusion crust:
http://www.lunarrock.com/hchondrites/dsc00003.jpg
257g, 95% primary fusion crust:
http://www.lunarrock.com/hchondrites/dsc00005.jpg
148g, 95% primary fusion crust:
http://www.lunarrock.com/hchondrites/dsc00007.jpg
55g, stone cut in half, polished faces, was 50% primary crust:
http://www.lunarrock.com/hchondrites/dsc00009.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Greg