[meteorite-list] Shawnee Tradition

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:04:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thaddeus -

Yeah. It's like I've been trying to tell you for some
time - there was a massive impact event at the start
of the Holocene. The only question left now is was it
coincidental to the Holocene start, or was it
causative. I go with causitive, by modifying the North
Pacific Current.

Now as for the "apparat" that allowed me to identify
and accurately work with 13,000 year old materials, in
other words the techniques and methods I used, its
really quite easy:

1) recover and check the translations of accounts of
impacts
2) observe cultural discontinuities
3) Rigourously match 1 and 2.

Then:
4) Take a whole lot of crap from petty scientist and
his associates who think that only comets hit the
Earth
5) Take a whole lot of crap from Mars nuts who think
that they own the NASA budget and that the US has
nothing better to do than spend a hundred billion
dollars flying a few men to Mars
6) Take a whole of crap from American spiritualists
who believe in pole shifts
7) Take a whole load of crap from cosmology
astronomers who think that NASA's astronomy budget is
all theirs
8) Finance the whole thing out of my own pocket so
that the work gets done.
9) Work until I have a stroke
10) Take more crap from various half wits with axes to
grind

Hibbens was an honorable man, and I think that other
holocene start fossil deposits are likely to be found
in Alaska. My guess is that a re-working of his spoil
pits is likely to demonstrate Sandia.

PS - I recovered a tradition of the Ainu destruction
by impact prior to the Japanese people coming into the
islands and circulated it some years ago to the
Cambridge Conference. This was not the Holocene start
impact. See points 1,2,3 above.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas