[meteorite-list] Calculations on Carancas impact on meteorite-times.

From: Arizona Keith <arizonakeith_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 22:45:40 -0700

Mike and list

So it about 10 to 20 tons, more than 15 feet below the surface and 12 feet
below the water table, I don't thing you can dig that out by hand.

15 feet below the surface is deep, no matter where in the world you are,
without shoring up the walls, the hole will close up from the weight of the
wet ground above.

Wells need to drilled and pump out, then this meteorite can be recovered
safely and it must be recovered.

Keith