[meteorite-list] Looking for New Material

From: David & Kitt Deyarmin <bobadebt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:09:05 -0400

I just wanted to send a request out to everyone on the list.

I am looking for some Chondrite material large enough to produce my next
50mm sphere.

To qualify it must be at least 51mm as measured at what would be the 3
center axes of the sphere.

IF you have some material that's large enough but no way to cut it I will be
willing to work with you.

I have a saw and can produce very nice parallel slices with less then 18%
cut loss.

The material has to have character and if possible be a classification that
I don't have yet, you can see what I have by going to my web site at:

http://home.ec.rr.com/bobadebt/50mil.htm

Unfortunately for me "cost" is also a consideration.

At this time my own self imposed limitations prevent me from spending a lot
on material for a sphere so please don't tease me with beautiful pictures of
specimens that will cost me in the thousands of dollars, those will have to
wait till later :)

Thanks