[meteorite-list] Randall Gregory now admits he lied about 4 kilo Carancas

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 16:17:39 -0700 (PDT)

His lie may have helped end the career or the arrest
of Major Anaya in Peru. Randall, if that is a lie it
is on your conscience, if you have one.

Remember, just days ago he reported to the meteorite
list having bought a 4 kilo piece from the Cheif of
police in Desaguadero. I forwarded that email to the
press in Peru, and learned a little while ago that he
had been arrested.

Randall, if it is not true, then I suggest you contact
the press and retract your lie, and get this man out
of jail.
Do you not understand that your lies have
consequences?

These are not emails, but public posts he made earlier
on the Living in Peru website.

Randall Gregory says :
6 October, 2007 [ 18:05 ]

Oh yes, I told you that. Because I knew your
character. I can prove without any shred of doubt that
I only $300 for my trip to Puno. I had a $500 budget
and $200 went for planefare. Subtract dinners, bus
tickets, and a hotel room for 4 nights, plus bottled
water, a shoeshine, a small bag of coca leaves for
altitude sickness, cab fare from the airport, etc etc.
 That left me with little money to buy stones. I went
to the crater and bought only what I could afford,
because I wanted to buy my wife a poncho.. Well when I
returned to Puno I had enough left over to buy her two
and one for myself, then bus fare to the Juliaca
airport, a candy bar, water, and a newspaper. And
still enough for cab fare from the Lima airport to my
apartment. Not bad for $300. BTW, $300 converts to 920
soles. Which is the equivalent to 1 and one half
month's pay for an average policeman. The police are
poor, but they are moral. Unlike you.

Randall

# Randall Gregory says :
6 October, 2007 [ 18:09 ]

I consider myself a researcher and so do people at the
University of San Augutin (UNSA) in Arequipa and the
Geophysical Institute of Peru (IGP). Maybe you should
ask them. I doubt they would lie.

And you are definiatly not the pope!

Randall