[meteorite-list] Policemen in Peru arrested

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 16:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

I have just spoken with the landowner of the meteorite
crater in Peru.
He informs me that this morning most of the local
police were removed from duty, and several have been
arrested for corruption, including Major Anaya.
Perhaps Randall Gregory can confirm this as I have not
seen it on the news yet.
He also informs me that noone can get to within 100
meters of the crater and that he is being evicted from
his land by the government, without compensation.

I would advise against anyone trying to go to this
crater at this point.

Michael Farmer