[meteorite-list] Post from Randall

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:52:41 -0700 (PDT)

Randall, I will not return my pieces, under Peruvian
law they belong to the landowner and Comunidad, I
purchased them from all of the locals, they got lots
of money, and were happy. I saved a few hundred grams
from being lost,. The government can take the
thousands of kilos of rust in two months when they
plan do excavate it, they said it in the news today,
that they will wait two months Nice job, great
scientific minds down there, they don't need advice
from a meteorite expert like me I guess.
The meteorite hit and penetrated below the water
table, that is why the crater refilled minutes after
we pumped it out. The water is lowest at this moment,
as they are coming out of winter, the dry season, and
within weeks the rains will start, the creek will
flood, and the crater will cease to exist. You cant
manipulate the water table there, so they can not
protect the crater. For the love of sanity, DIG OUT
THE METEORITE NOW, PERU!
Michael Farmer