[meteorite-list] Carancas meteorite crater, and list of all known craters

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:23:13 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.star-bits.com/impact-craters.htm

Hi everyone, Eric Olson is at my house to see the
Carancas meteorites, and he asked me to post this
link.

It is a list of every known impact crater of more than
10 meters in diameter, from which meteorites had been
found. Of all of those craters, not one, ZERO is
associated with a chondrite. Jilin and Norton County,
both masses well over a ton, had craters less than 50%
the size of the Carancas meteorite. This is very
interesting and proves how rare such a chondrite fall
is!

Michael Farmer

I am ready to forget and ignore the controversy and
focus on the science of this spectaclar event at this
time, I have had my say and told my story.