[meteorite-list] OT: Happy Birthday Sputnik...50

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:47:08 -0600

Hi Larry
Damn that is a long way away. Hard to fathom how far away 50 light
years is though.
I wonder what the chances are of the signal directly hitting anyone of
those 800 star/star systems.

It is neat to think that the signal is so far away but unfortunately
the signal would be unrecognizable to any alien cultures. It would
just be too spread out (think of a radio station at a great distance)
for anyone to pick it up.

--
Mike