[meteorite-list] Carancas Meteorite photos....again!

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:51:32 +0100

Hi all,

I'll try this one more time....posted it once already but folks seem
more interested in discussing other peoples arguments than looking at
some detailed shots of the actual meteorite.

I obtained these photographs from a Bolivian Mineral dealer who seems to
have been to the Carancas area and found several kilo's of the
meteorite. Not sure exactly if he bought them or collected them near
the crater or elsewhere further back down the strewnfield...they look
very fresh.. Comparing them with others so far I think they look
genuine. I would be glad of anyones comments on this 9.8g fragment.

Here they are...hope this post isnt delayed like the others last night!!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/LaburnumStudio/DSCN6903.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/LaburnumStudio/DSCN6902.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/LaburnumStudio/DSCN6901.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/LaburnumStudio/DSCN6899.jpg