[meteorite-list] Titicaca meteorite-- phinally, photos

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 13:07:09 -0700 (PDT)

Matteo, did you not see the huge crater filled with
several meters of water? The rest of the meteorite is
4 or 5 meters under sewage water. Good luck getting
some of that. I had a meeting with the townspeople and
mayor of Desaguadero ( and I have video to prove it
all) and we pumped out the water yesterday, but like
I said, Peru works differently than the rest of the
world, as soon as the water was pumped out, they quit
work for the day at 1 pm, and watched the water refill
the crater. They said "MANANA" which means tomorrow or
the next day, or the next etc etc etc. Then things got
very hot, and we bugged out, to leave the largest
stone meteorite likely known to rot in its disgusting
grave. They think the crater will make a great tourist
site to make $$$$ on. For people who live in the mud,
it seems they would know that the first rains will
collapse the crater and make nothing more than a
water-filled depression. I am sure tourists will pour
in by the busload to check that mudpit out.
Michael Farmer
--- M come Meteorite Meteorites