[meteorite-list] Titicaca meteorite-- phinally, photos

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:30:20 -0400

(post re: discussion on tips on how best to photograph meteorites, and request
for opinions, forwarded for RG about Peru meteorite. Please reply to
randall_gregory at yahoo.com)

Please post.

  Yes, my film camera is a Nikon F100 with large aperature Nikon lenses. I
normally use Fuji Professional Velvia..... shit I just realized something. I
used to shoot blank and white using Kodak Tech-Pan then developing my own
negatives because there was no labs that could process it at the time. I shot a
newspaper page taped to my garage door standing across the street, blew it up
and you could clearly read the print. How important is color in meteorite photos
vs. detail? I could get extreme detail by switching to Tech Pan, but that would
require me to return to the United States for a bit.