[meteorite-list] Randall posts

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:52:58 -0700

Greetings all,
        Several issues have come up for me regarding the
Forwarding of Randall's posts to the list:
        I have contacted Art to check out if I were posting for
Someone banned or suspended from the list. Uncharacteristically,
I was actually able to get ahold of Art on my first shot (It usually
Takes an average of a month to get ahold of Art).
        Here is the status of the situation:
1) Randall was never banned or suspended. The threats against another
List member were in a private post cited by that list member to
The list and, therefore, in Art's opinion, "not the list's business."
2) Randall had been having problems posting to the list for the
Following reasons, of which he has been informed, but which
Should be of value for all of us to review so we do not make the
Same errors:
    a) Using multiple addresses and not just the list address
(the software reads this as spam).
    b) Using HTML format - the list accepts "Text Only" format
Exclusively.
        I apologize to the list for not checking to be sure ahead
Of time that I was not forwarding post for someone suspended
Or banned. Though that turned out to be the case, I should have
Checked first - and in the future, I shall.
        Like Art, I do not consider posts to the list my business to
Censor or judge. However, if I am asked to forward said posts
In the future I will read them thoroughly & decline if I do not
Personally agree with what is being said. While I am not a censor, if
I am being asked to take action, agreement with statements being
Made will be my "fee." In truth, I did not read, but only briefly
Scanned what I forwarded and I will not be doing that again.
        While not wanting to make a huge issue of it, I do not
Take for granted at all that all stones from that fall were "stolen"
Except those purchased by Randall. In addition, I believe it to
Be of highly questionable value to make a public issue of it, even
If it were true. The last thing we need is people screaming, "Thief,
Thief!" (In fact, it reminded me a good deal of the family of nit wits
That claim all NWA material EXCEPT THEIRS is not only stolen,
But financing terrorism). While not so extreme, the claims by
Randall impress me as related.
        Of course, I could be wrong. My wife often tells me I am.
        Best wishes, Michael