[meteorite-list] AL HAGGOUNIA 001 ("NOT" AUBRITE)

From: meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:52:38 +0100

Dear Greg, Matteo and all,

Whatever other scientists have found, Albert Jambon has made the classification as an AUBRITE. He took over a year to work on this
meteorite and he is the ONLY SCIENTIST who went to the site to study even the age of the ground where the meteorites have been found
in order to find out an estimation of its terrestrial age, proving that it is NOT any kind of fossil (paleo) meteorite.
I know that the NWAs to which Al Haggounia is paired to have been classified differntly, but nevertheless Albert
Jambon'sclassification has been approved by the nomenclature as an aubrite.

I agree with Jeff Grossman that it is difficult so far and without complete publications about this meteorite, to determine who is
right and who is wrong. But once again I feel that the time and precautions taken by Albert Jambon plus the fact that he has been to
the strewnfield make his work consistant and very serious.

Lets wait for future publications, but in the meantime I have no other option than calling my Al Haggounia slices Aubrites, have I?

All the best,

Frederic