[meteorite-list] Slip-sliding away

From: Jerry <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:18:57 -0500

I'm not sure if this relates to this phenomenon, but we ate out for
Thanksgiving. The tables at the resturant were glass covered. ours appeared
to be plumb.
When the waitress placed the water glasses on the table, they "danced" with
no impetus being input. Just to make sure I tried it several times.
It was cool.
Obviously, a microfilm of H2O provided a medium allowing friction to become
nonexistent. The Glasses took advantage of the absence to ply their way
around the table top at their own "whims".
When
Jerry Flaherty