[meteorite-list] Asteroid (149244) Kriegh

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2007 18:32:08 UT

> Jim would be very proud. That is really cool!!!

Hi Ruben and List,

.. and as you can see in the attachment*, Jim is already
busy cleaning up there on his little planet and watering
his asteroidal roses!

Best wishes,

Bernd

* The List can't but Ruben can!

P.S.: These two pictures are taken from "The Little Prince" by
Antoine de St.-Exup?ry and the following passage from this
wonderful book is a fitting tribute to our late Jim!

Chapter 4

I had thus learned a second fact of great importance: this was that the planet the little prince
came from was scarcely any larger than a house! But that did not really surprise me much.
I knew very well that in addition to the great planets - such as the Earth, Jupiter, Mars, Venus
- to which we have given names, there are also hundreds of others, some of which are so small
that one has a hard time seeing them through the telescope. When an astronomer discovers one
of these he does not give it a name, but only a number. He might call it, for example, "Asteroid 325."
I have serious reason to believe that the planet from which the little prince came is the asteroid
known as B-612.