[meteorite-list] QMIG update

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:00:23 +1000

Listoids

QMIG update

http://www.qmig.org (gotta type in the complete link else Michael will yell
at me)

I've uploaded photos of the 4 new finds from Windorah

I'm gonna loan them to the University of Queensland this week and they will
undertake classification and a metsoc submission on my behalf

A special thanx to my son who patiently assists an olde coote like me with
the digital camera

Also have 7 fragments/individuals of a non-Queensland OZ find that I will
seek a provisional name of Scorpion Bight for - how about that for an
absolutely awesome name for a meteorite hmmm

A special request please - I urgently need specimens of Whitula Creek - this
is the only chondrite that is proving difficult to locate and it is holding
up publishing a pocket-guide on Queensland meteorites with a particular
focus on thin-sections

If any listoids can assist please contact me off-list

p.s. Maroo is eluding me too but maybe just maybe I'll get some...

Cheers from down under