[meteorite-list] Metal detector and Tucson collecting advice requests

From: Delbert Waterbury <paseclipse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:03:59 -0800 (PST)

Jon get the White's GMT model! A lot of the guys I
hunt with use these and they're excellent for
meteorite hunting. I've seen guys pluck 1/4 gram
Chondrites with these with no problem.

Dealers try to pedal the MXT because it is one of the
most popular detectors and it's more expensive than
the GMT. It's an "all around detector" meaning it's
designed to use for coin/relic and gold hunting. It
has a lower frequency than the GMT so you probably
wouldn't be able to pick up really small Chondrites
with it.

To learn more about detecting sign up on this forum-

http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=8

There's a lot of knowledgeable people on it that will
be glad to help you get started in hunting.

Hope this helps!

Del