[meteorite-list] Canadian Meteorites

From: info at niger-meteorite-recon.de <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:16:00 +0100

Hi Jeff, others,

you may contact the University of Calgary. They are part of the Prairie Meteorite Search program and have been quite succesful in recovering and identifying new meteorites in the past 10 years:

Media contact:
Grady Semmens
University of Calgary, media relations
Phone: (403) 220-7722
Cell: (403) 651-2515
Email: gsemmens at ucalgary.ca

And you may also try the Royal Alberta Museum. They have published a catalog on Canadian Meteorites in 1984 and I suppose they still continue the national meteorite inventory:

http://www.geo.ucalgary.ca/cdnmeteorites/

For any general requests on meteorite related issues you may refer to the Geological Survey of Canada:

http://gsc.nrcan.gc.ca/meteor/index_e.php

I am sure our Canadian list members will be able to fill any gaps.

Best regards

Svend
www.niger-meteorite-recon.de

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of who is studying Canadian meteorites
these days? (i.e. university, museum, etc) I know there has been a lot of
activity there over the past few years and would like to know where to point
Canadians with potential meteorites.

Thanks,

Jeff Kuyken
Meteorites Australia