[meteorite-list] A question about crust.

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:32:04 -0400

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 09:39:02 EST, you wrote:

>spot). All the descriptive terms of meteorites are being diluted to the
>point of becoming meaningless on the one of the largest sales platforms of
>meteorites.

It isn't just meteorites, though-- it is anything that can turn a profit on Ebay
but can be sold by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.
Another sample that is close to my interests-- a search for "flexicalymene"
gives 10 trilobites that really are species in the genus Flexicalymene-- and 30
that are not. I'm sure that everyone else could come up with examples to misuse
(either intentionally or out of ignorance) from other areas of interest.