[meteorite-list] CR2-largest found?

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2007 10:15:03 UT

Good morning Matt and List!

"But it is not a CR2; it is classified as an anomalous carbonaceous
 chondrite of the CR clan. I think I have a winner at 2.445 kg."

Congrats Matt!

Maybe not a "gold medal" but a "silver medal" for sure. The type specimen
for the CR2 clan, Renazzo, is the "winner". The largest mass found, according
to the info in the "Blue Book" is a piece weighing 5 kilograms:

"After the appearance of light, followed by three detonations, several stones fell,
of which three were recovered, the largest weighing about 5 kg, total 10 kg ..."

Bernd