[meteorite-list] Did a Collision Cause Comet 17P/Holmes'MysteriousOutburst?

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 14:27:26 -0600

Hi,

    Using the List to get a message to Larry Lebofsky,
since that's the only way I can email him (I think).

    I got a message from my mailer-demon that says:
<lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu>:
150.135.111.1 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 <lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu>...
Access denied
Giving up on 150.135.111.1.

    That's mailer-demon-talk for a Block, where a
potential recipient has told their mail program that
they don't want to receive mail from that specific
sender, so their mailer-demon politely informs my
mailer-demon to Take This Mail and ***** It.

    I'm assuming that you may be able to get a
List post that originates with me. Or not. I don't
know that much about mailer-demon ettiquette
and protocol; they're so touchy.

   If you get two copies of this message, then I am
not now blocked by your mailbox. If you get only
one copy of this message, then only direct mail from
me is blocked by your mailbox, and you could go
and tell your mailer-demon to unblock me.. If you
get no copies of this message, then you will know
that your mailbox is blocked to my mail even in
direct origination, so you'd have to go and tell your
mailer-demon to unblock me.

    No, wait... There's a flaw in that logical flypaper.

    That's what comes of dealing with demons, even
mere mailer-demons of the Unix variety which I believe
are on the lowest rung of the Infernal Career Ladder.

Sterling