[meteorite-list] Forming an Meteorite Association

From: Anita D. Westlake <libawc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:09:54 -0500

Dear Listees:
   As I may have mentioned, we recently formed a new meteorite group in
Georgia called "Meteorite Association of Georgia". We already have about 25
members, including one in England!
   Maybe Mark Bostick or one of you out there in "outer space" can advise me
on how one goes about actually forming an "association". Do you need to file
something with the state? Register your name? Pay a fee?
   Thanks for any input. In the meantime, you are all welcome to join us.
Dues are $25.00 a year and will go directly into supporting our website (not
quite ready yet but it will be worth the wait!) We are only meeting 4 times
a year right now and are currently meeting in member's homes (to enjoy their
collections). We hope to go on a field trip this month or next to search for
the rare and elusive Georgia tektites known as "Georgiaites". Reply via
email to me for more information.
  Thanks again for any help you can provide on forming an association,
Anita Westlake
IMCA #4101