[meteorite-list] Comet Holmes/Parent bodies?

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:23:56 +0000

Hi Al, All,

Nice shots for first attempt....I hav'nt had a go for ages...you've
inspired me to give it a try whilst there is something special about.
What equipment are you using?

You also made me wonder about parent bodies when considering if there
might be bits of Holmes about.
I am not sure if this has been discussed on the list before much...but
wondered if there was any more recent research that indicated more about
where all our collections have come from?

I have read about various possibilities, matching various
classifications of meteorite with various asteroids and suggestions that
certain ones might be cometary material...but is there an up to date
simple summary or list that matches them up as far as current thinking can?

Anyone know?

Regards,

Graham Ensor