[meteorite-list] Chergach (Mali), Bassikounou, and ...

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 04 Nov 2007 15:59:32 UT

On his website, Philippe writes:

Many small chondrules in a matrix where are interlaced two different zones, one light
gray and the other dark gray color, some chondrules up to 3 millimeters in diameter.

http://www.meteoritica.com/ergchech.html

Svend wrote:

I have also added a comparison picture of Chergach ("Mali") and Bassikounou:

http://www.niger-meteorite-recon.de/en/meteoriten_verkauf.htm

Hello All,

While I do agree that cut slices of Bassikounou and "Mali" have little in common,
I find, on the other hand, that cut and polished slices of "Mali" and ZAG, an H3-6
regolith breccia look very similar!

Bernd