[meteorite-list] Holocene start impacts

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 20:28:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

I would like to remind everyone here that the holocene
start impacts are covered in depth in my book "Man and
Impact in the Americas".

I set out the climatic effects of the main north
Pacific impact in a summary to the list, and those
comments are available in the list archive.

I mentioned the new coastal atlantic geological cores
in a note to the Cambridge Conference last year. The
Great Atlantic Impact Mega-Tsunami which occured
1150-1050 BCE should also be showing up in those
cores, as should a smaller impact mega-tsunami from
about 580 CE.

In the traditions, there is no memory of a great fire
of which I am aware. The memories of what did occur
are set out in "Man and Impact in the Americas". My
thinking is the currently studied impactite deposits
were wind borne.

Clovis survived near Florence, Alabama, where it
continued to evolve until new tools were adopted.

(I will also state here that Clovis came not from
Spain but from the Sahara River region, from where it
crossed to South America ca. 35,000 BCE.)

As I am now traveling, for the time being the least
expensive way to purchase a copy of "Man and Impact in
the Americas" is through Crow Clan Jewelry.

good hunting,
Ed