[meteorite-list] freebies and mini gao sales<--AD?????

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 00:44:12 -0500

On Sat, 26 May 2007 21:24:28 -0700, you wrote:

> Hi Darren,
>
> What you wrote is true, but it is *shame*, and I use that word
>literally.

See, to me, it isn't. In no way do I belittle what has been accomplished by
American veterans (postive in the defensive wars fought by the US, negative in
the multiple wars of conquest and occupation fought by the US). But having the
government pick out one day on a calendar and tell everyone that they are to
think of subject "x" on that day and show subject "x" the reverence that those
who pushed to have the holiday made official felt one should feel about subject
"x" on said holiday just rings very hollow to me. I'm not into rituals or
ceremonies (and am very not religious), and having a specific day told to me
that I need to act in such and such a way and have such and such a feeling just
doesn't work for me. If you want shame, don't feel shame for people not
foloowing the government instructions for how to feel on a specific day-- feel
shame for the government sending people to die and be maimed in vain in
unneccesary wars.