[meteorite-list] "SNEAKY LITTLE DEVILS" NJO CONFIRMED METEORWRONG

From: Francis Graham <francisgraham_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 08:49:35 -0700 (PDT)

> As I mentioned to the list in January, there was
> absolutely nothing about
> the NJO which resembled a new meteorite. I advised
> the Newark Star Ledger,
> The New York Times and AP in writing that the NJO
> was not a meteorite. I
> contacted the museum at Rutgers prior to their
> exhibition of the
> object---which generated the largest attendance on
> a single day---that this
> was not a meteorite.

  Not only is Darryl an early skeptic, but also Mike
Farmer immediately posted an objection. A lot of
experienced collectors/hunters felt the same.
  So what is this really and where did it come from?
There is an old saying which may relate profoundly to
the "sneaky little devil": "A stone thrown is the
devil's".
  I'm glad this object is off topic now.

Francis Graham

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.