[meteorite-list] Meteorite Forum, The SkyRock Cafe

From: Joe <kerchner420_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 19:06:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello list,

    The SkyRock Cafe is a great place for beginners, we have quite a few members who have been collecting or hunting for many years and are very willing to help out. It is also a good place to go if you like to look at meteorite photos. It is also a good community for seasoned collectors and hunters. If you want to show off your collection, this is a good place to post it, a lot of people will see it and many will comment on it. As far as I know this is the only "forum or board" dedicated mainly to meteorites, both hunting and collecting. We have contest were you are able to win meteorites.

      I know that I have posted invitations to join the SkyRock Cafe here before, but the list has new members and also people who checked it out before we had many active members and not too many posts. We have been getting quite a bit of traffic lately. Last month we had visitors from at least 44 different countries and over 130,000 hits, this month is on track to be a lot higher. I know that we have a lot og growing still to do, but we are on the right track. I know that the more members that we gain the better the forum will be, I usually delete all member who have not logged on at least once (within a week after they join), this way the member list is not full of spammers. This way most of the members are active in the forum. I believe that this forum is an asset to the meteorite community, that is just my opinion. I hope to see everyone at the SkyRock.

Here is the link to the SkyRock Cafe meteorite forum:

http://illinoismeteorites.com/yabb/YaBB.pl

Best Wishes,

Joe Kerchner

http://illinoismeteorites.com