[meteorite-list] TAFASSASSET? Ay new info?

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 17 May 2007 09:03:49 UT

Hi Mike, Jason, and List,

Apart from all the "close matches" and "plots", I can definitely say that my
Tafassasset thin section (that I purchased from Mr. Alain Weissler at the
Ensisheim Show in 2004) does *not* look like a CR chondrite but rather like
a primitive achondrite in cross-polarized light. Most olivine- and pyroxene
crystals are *very* small - smaller even than the fine-grained texture of an
acapulcoite but there are also some rather large pyroxenes (ca. 10-15 times
the size of the average crystal size!) floating amid the surrounding sea of
crystals.

I will attach a picture of my Tafassasset TS in cross-polarized light
in my private mail to Mike.

Tafassasset TS (magnification = 32x) / Exposure: 1/6
Aperture: 2.8 / ISO 100 / Resolution: 2560 x 1920

Cheers,

Bernd