[meteorite-list] Greensburg, One Person Found Alive Today

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 11:09:07 -0500

Sorry for the multiple e-mails again.....guess I should listen to an entire
press conference before e-mailing. The meteorite being found made me pull
the gun.

One person was pulled from the rubble alive today. Pretty amazing due to
the three days or rain, the many dogs and the like that have combed the
area.

Many Kansas homes have basements, although they appear to be rare in
Greensburg. I have one and almost every house on my block does. I know the
local senator survived the storm inside his. I imagine this person was
likely trapped in their basement with debri covering it. Because of these
basements, it will be some time before the total deaths are known.

Mark