[meteorite-list] Need help with a Campo!!

From: GREG LINDH <geeg48_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 18:45:02 -0700

       Hi Joseph (and List),

    I live in the very center of Arizona and so it is pretty dry here. As I
wrote earlier, my first two Campos are pretty clean, and have for the most
part, a shiny, metallic appearance. They are not *perfectly* clean and
shiny, but darn close. By applying a thin coat of "Rig", I have not seen
any rusting take place. They remain shiny and metallic. So, I think that I
am able to preserve them. My problem is that my latest Campo came sprayed
with some sort of protectant that makes it look as if it has been sprayed
with black, Krylon paint. I don't know what this protectant is, but I'd
really like to remove it and then apply my own protectant (Rig). Do you, or
does anyone know how I can remove this black substance from my latest Campo.
    Again, thanks in advance for any help.

    Greg Lindh