[meteorite-list] AD> Meteorite lot for sale including rarities

From: Philippe Thomas <thomasmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:47:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Pierre-Marie and Listees,

The analyses of the NWA 4420 aren't published yet in the Meteoritical Bulletin but this meteorite will be classified as a primitive aubrite by Albert
Jambon (UPVI) as it's mentionned in my website.

I don't know if the NWA 2828, re-classified as a EL3, is paired with the NWA 4420 but the NWA 4420 was not found in Algeria but in Western Sahara.
An expedition at the place of this find is programmed by French scientists.

If I sell the NWA 4420 as a primitive aubrite, it is because the scientist who leads the analyses of this meteorite told me to sell her as such.

I do not understand how non-scientists can dare to make pairings or pseudos classifications only with their feeling!

On another hand, in your website, Pierre-Marie, the meteorite sold as the NWA 4420 is not the NWA 4420.

Best wishes,
Philippe

www.meteoritica.com

Just a correction as it looks like NWA 4420 is most
probably an EL3. Sorry for the mistake in my previous
post (although this piece was sold to me as an
aubrite).

Pierre-Marie