[meteorite-list] Fusion crusts on stony meteorites

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 05:39:36 -0600

Originally Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 6:02 PM

Hi Susa, Your enthusiasm is great and that's how we all start ...

Welcome to the list! Your task is a very formidable challenge, that is, to
rescue the jewels of further reaches of the Solar System cleverly cached in
fields of our dreams here on Earth, as you choose to pursue it ... A weak
soul shall surrender and meet certain failure; you musn't ever surrender.
Bring a lucky talisman such as a Moldavite amulet to be a useful campanion.
This is an essential whetstone of your faith; a reminder, that, proper
sacrifices and tributes are necessary to the Goddesses Patience and
Determination, without whose favor, you can never gain the eyes of
chrysaetos in your quest to meet with success. Carefully, tread thee here
on this council, as a thought will often launch a thousand words... Only
then can you feel the power, on this list in particular, of these possessive
stones in making men's hearts gloriously tremble. And, here in
Meteorlandia, these gems exalt selected women's imaginations among beloved
shooting stars...

Hopefully you will soon meet some of our magnificent female list members -
meteorite devotees and adventurous huntresses hailing from Hawai'i to
Denver, California and Arizona to Michigan and Ohio, not forgetting New York
or Georgia, old Mexico to the Kingdom of Britain and the heat down under of
the outposts of Australia to Antarctica, or up and over to permafrost in
Lappland! At least two of the top ten hunters are women -- even though the
men do most of the gossiping here --. Good luck and I look forward to your
posting a picture of yourself with matching first finds feeding those
instincts that boil in all of our insides.

Best health and happy hunting,
Doug

PS, this is a "resend" because your original message I replied to was in
Rich Text Format (RTF) and that gets delayed a a while by the list posting
filter. I noticed your message was delayed, too, for this same reason. To
avoid that in the future, look for the option, if available in the email
program to post using 'plain text' formatted messages. In Outlook Express,
this option is in the Format menu tab. And those who have AOL can insure
this by composing their emails on AOL-Anywhere (AOL's web-based email
access). So, you will see my original reply from 6:02PM last night when
Art, our never-surrendering list moderator, unclogs the filter and flushes
the decent and delayed messages through the system.