[meteorite-list] CALIFORNIA-REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL GEOLOGIST FINDS HOBBY WITH EBAY

From: Dave Freeman mjwy <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:51:38 -0600

Dear List;
I proclaim to be of a wood collectors ilk. I have been tutored by
Walter Wright, world renown paleo botanist from CA.
This is wood, probably from So. Utah if I had a guess, possibly Henry
Mountains location, Steve Hatch or Walt W. could verify better. I have
some in my back yard.
This is not a palm wood. It lacks a few things, one being highly visible
vascular cell bundles. It is probably a jurassic/triassic in age.
There is no preserved cell structure it appears. This is caused by a
cryptocrystaline replacement that didn't preserve the cell structure and
that is common in Utah wood, and much of Wyoming wood.
Nice rock, about 25 cents to a buck a pound depending on what you want
to do with it.
Best,
Dave Freeman
See my ebay guides on petrified wood of Wyoming
under user ID mjwy