[meteorite-list] Crystal "Looking" structure in crust. More new micrographs NWA 2371

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:55:56 EDT

Hi list, The list was talking about fusion crust so I posted concerning a
crystal looking structure found in the crust of NWA 2371.

This has sparked some interesting comments. So much so, I am cutting some
more, putting an extra careful 1/4 micron polish on it and taking some better
shots.

Since I don't want to send emails with photos embedded to those who do not
want, I'll just send to whom ever emails me. I will have the new shots done
by this evening.

This looks like some kind of crystal structure and although the entire crust
does not display this makeup, a large area does. Enough to exclude a small
contaminate adhered to the side.

I will include any additional observations I can make when I send the new
shots.

Thanks for all the interest. Tom