[meteorite-list] Fusion crusts on stony meteorites

From: star-bits at tx.rr.com <star-bits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 4:14:58 -0700

I would say it is likely an impact melt and not a fusion crust. It is not uncommon for impact melts to have unaltered clasts of the original material in them and well as small vugs formed from gasses in the melt. Nice photos John.

--
Eric Olson
7682 Firethorn Dr
---- Kashuba <mary.kashuba at verizon.net> wrote:
Michael, Darren, Jim and list,
I agree with Jim on this.  My slice of the same stone has fragments set in a
clearly bubbly melt.  I suggest that this accumulated on the back side of
the stone during oriented flight.  Check out my pictures:
http://www.johnkashuba.com/Pages/Meteorite%20Pages/Pictures/NWA2826LL5.htm
Regards,
- John
John Kashuba