[meteorite-list] a question on fusion crust

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:48:00 -0700 (PDT)

But made from the matrix component. burned material
from the parent body, regardless of how it is
chemically changed, same as the fusion crust on any
meteorite. Take a Eucrite like Stannern for example,
white interior, yet the fusion crust is glossy black.
That is not soot, it is chemically altered matrix.
Nothing more.
Michael Farmer

<http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/mmurray_02/IMG_0319.jpg>