[meteorite-list] New Meteorite cold finds for January and March 2007

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:19:22 -0400

Hi ,

Here are a couple of pictures of meteorite finds for 2007. The find for
January appears to be a H 4-5 chondrite total weight 2.5 pounds. The
second find from March 07 looks different than anything that I have
ever found. It may turn out to be a L or LL chondrite or something
better! It has a Flat black fusion crust with a dark brown interior,
with very little or no metal showing.The interior is very porous.The
chondrules appear to be a varying degree of lite brown. Now here comes
the scientific part, the famous magnet test! On the cut slice that is
2"by 3" the magnet will not attract to it. On the meteorite the magnet
will attract to a small portion of the cut surface and not to the rest
of the cut area. I will have a thin section made next week. Man I hate
waiting! the pictures are at the bottom of the page.

Sonny

http://www.nevadameteorites.com/recent_fids_page_2.htm