[meteorite-list] newbies corner

From: Robin Galyan <robin_707a_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:20:45 -0400

Just wondering if there is a particular website or chatlist someplace suitable for newbies.

I have need for starter info, for myself and for a couple friends that live in the desert, such as:

Where can I get a good 1cm cube? Need to enhance my photos with one, dont want a plastic one if possible.
What is the exact proceedure one should follow now when they find a meteorite, do they send it someplace still?
Small chunks as well as large or what are the guidelines?
What metal detectors do folks find the easiest to modify? The last we built had a large arm that swong back and forth over the desert floor, but the actual coil was only about 1ft dia.

So, stuff like that....