[meteorite-list] NASA's Near-Earth Object Report to Congress

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Ron, all -

I attended the Planetary Defense Conference last week
and watched as Morrison et al. asserted yet once again
that comets apprise only 1% of the impact hazard on
the basis of absolutely no evidence at all other than
their own wishful thinking.

I certainly hope NASA has something in place to track
the fragments of Comet Schwassmann Wachmann 3 on their
passages in 2011, 2017, and 2022.

Thanks for your post on the report.

good hunting,
Ed