[meteorite-list] A new way to Display My Collection

From: David & Kitt Deyarmin <bobadebt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 19:10:43 -0500

My collection of meteorite spheres is growing and the way I displayed them,
mounted in calipers, was getting a bit too busy.

So I decided to make a simple pedestal system and this is what I can up
with:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Meteorites/Collection.jpg

Basically I covered 7/8" tubing in felt, drill a series of holes in the main
display platform and then pressed the tubes into the holes.

I have room to display a total of 11 spheres and once all the holes are
filled up I can always drill more in between the current holes and use
shorter pedestals.

Here is the way it used to look.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Meteorites/Collection1.jpg

I think it's a vast improvement

But now I have 11 calipers available for sale, so if you're looking for one
or a couple send an email to bobadebt at ec.rr.com

Thanks