[meteorite-list] Illinois "Meteorite" Astronomy Magazine News Blog

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:04:32 -0600

Hi,

    Did I hear "Wood Chipper"? Case closed.
There was a wood chipper working outside,
audible, in the neighborhood at the time? If
something crashes through your window and
you hear the roar of the chipper anywhere
outside, why would you imagine anything
else had happened? Is the family's name
Simpson?

    The "strange looking transition between
what looks like a shinier surface and a somewhat
rusty looking patch" commented upon is the
attachment ridge I spoke of. But the RUST
SURFACE alone is sufficient to rule it out.
Fresh Fall = No Rusty Exterior. Junk is junk.

    Thanks. Mark, for finding this. Now I can
totally forget about the Bloomington Object.
Hey! They already HAVE one (real) meteorite.

Sterling K. Webb