[meteorite-list] Auckland Meteorite Photo

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 07 Mar 2007 16:46:06 UT

Tim Heitz inquired:

"Dean, how many grams is it? Do they have any idea what it is?"

Hi Tim and List,

It's about 1300 grams and you can find photos and other recovery details
in this article by our Joel Schiff in "his" quarterly, issue no.3, vol.10,
August 2004, pp. 21-22. Here's an excerpt regarding "any idea what it is":

The meteorite has not yet been scientifically analyzed yet. I checked it with
a magnet and it is only slightly magnetic. The matrix is light gray ... I felt
it was an ordinary chondrite, possibly L6 or LL6. (by Joel Schiff).

Regards,

Bernd