[meteorite-list] The large meteorite of 1859: anyone know if thishas a grain of truth?

From: chris aubeck <caubeck_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 21:10:04 +0100

Hi Sterling,

Well, it wasn't because of the details but the date and place. I
believe I have traced the folkloric development of this story over
time, over the following thirty years in fact, until it became a UFO
tale. But I wanted to know whether it had grown out of some actual
fall report, as many of these stories did.

Still, you've answered my question, I think!

Cheers,

Chris