[meteorite-list] "Meteorites & Dazzling Treasures" Wichita Rock Show

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:29:23 -0600

Hello all,

The 54th annual show of the Wichita Gem and Mineral Society is themed
"Meteorites & Dazzling Treasures."

It will be held this year April 20-22, 2007 at the Cessna Activity Center.
April 20th is Education Day with several of the local schools with field
trips planned.

Meteorite Displays by the Kansas Meteorite Society, McPherson Museum, WSU
Lake Afton Observatory (who has one of the largest Kansas meteorites
collections) and Steve Arnold professional meteorite hunter.

At 1:00 p.m. Saturday, April 21, Greg Nowacek of Wichita State University
and director of the Lake Afton Observatory, will discuss types of meteorites
and show samples.

At 3:00 p.m. Saturday, April 21, an illustrated program of the historical
impact of meteorites on our planet along with information on the current
interest in meteorite hunting in Kansas will be given by members of the
Wichita Gem & Mineral Society and Kansas Meteortie Society.

At 2:00 p.m. Sunday, April 22, Steve Arnold, professional meteorite hunter
who recovered the "Million Dollar Space Rock" near Greensburg, KS in 2005,
will show a video of meteorite hunting as carried recently on the Travel
Channel hosted by Becky Worley.

A few of the sellers will be offering meteorites, including John Schooler
and some members of the Kansas Meteorite Society.

Lots of other demonstrations including sphere making, cabbing, beading,
arrowhead knapping, wire wrapping and more.

Adults $4.00, $1 for ages 12-17 Children under 12 are free.

Proceeds of the annual show help support a WSU Geology Scholarship.

If anyone would like to come to the show, let me know and I will mail you an
admission discount coupon.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com