[meteorite-list] Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - June 30, 2007

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:09:53 +0200

Hi Carsten, and All,

I was thinking the very same thing. The RFSPOD photo reminded me more of a
CV3 than of a CR chondrite. There are some neat CAIs visible to the upper
left of the specimen, and the overall texture and color reminds me a bit of
the original Vigarano. More info on and photos of CV and CR chondrites can
be found on my site at:

http://www.meteoris.de/class/CV-Group.html

http://www.meteoris.de/class/CR-Group.html

Best,
Norbert

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

Hello,

reminds me also a little bit at a new carbonaceous which i have,
NWA 4759. Very beautiful and unshocked material.

See here: http://www.gi-po.de/meteorit_nwa%204759.html

Carsten

--
gipo-meteorites